I know what it’s like to be in that unbearable place of being able to see a dream in the distance and have absolutely no idea how to get there!
I know what it’s like to just be too afraid and doubtful to make a real move. And if I could muster the courage, I had no idea where to start.
I would unconsciously try to justify my fear by thinking things like…
• I don’t have the time.
• I’ve gotten too old.
• My life is way too busy as it is!
• I’ll start next year.
• My family needs me know.
• I don’t have the money to get started.
• I don’t have the support.
• I’m happy enough with my life as it is.
• I’d be too embarrassed if I failed.
• I have more important things to do right now.
• I have no idea how to start.
• I’ll wait until the kids are older.
• I tried before and it didn’t work out.
These thoughts are dream stoppers! They are excuses we use when we’re trying to avoid the fact that were afraid. This type of fear is created through experiences of pain, disappointment, grief or struggle.
And it is in our inability to recover from these types of experiences that they then become anchors, keeping us from rising to meet our dreams with courage and confidence …so we give up!
We give up on the creative idea, the hopes of a new job or business, etc!
We continue to make excuses and let time pass until we are resolved to believe that it’s too late or too hard to change things.