Its’ Summertime…it’s that time of the year when we all seem to need a mid-year reboot!
Some of us (NOT ME!) dive into the whole bikini body thing for swimsuit season, we go on Summer vacations and a number of other things to pull ourselves together so that we can get through the rest of the year.
So here’s my summer reboot…
I’ve decided to make it a Summer of More Water!
I am taking some extra measures to drink more than my usual 8 or 16oz of water every day. Here’s a list of some of the benefits of drinking more water:
• Increases Energy & Relieves Fatigue. …
• Promotes Weight Loss. …
• Flushes Out Toxins. …
• Improves Skin Complexion. …
• Maintains Regularity. …
• Boosts Immune System. …
• Natural Headache Remedy. …
• Prevents Cramps & Sprains.
I got these little factoids from my friends at mindbodygreen.com; you can check the entire post here!
Ok so this is where I say, I am not in the medical profession and I don’t give medical advice, these are just the steps I’m taking to drink more water this summer and feel a little bit better and maybe they’ll work for you too!
The biggest challenge I have to drink more water is convenience! It never seems to be around when I need it or want it.
I’m not the kind of person that will carry around one of those cute thermos bottles… you know the kind… they come all shapes, colors, and designs. They’re pretty cool but… not for me!
And I’m definitely not going to carry around one of those big gallon jugs, where you mark along the sides little quotes and motivations to keep you going until you’ve drunk it all…this too is not for me!
Now if any of these things are working for you then great… you got it!
But what seems to work for me is that I’ve notice that I can drink a little 8oz. bottle almost all at one time! Whenever I seem to try and drink the 16oz bottles, I leave half empty/half full bottles all over the place but the 8oz bottles are a breeze…
So here’s the plan!
My goal is 8-8oz bottles a day.
- I stocked up on dozens of 8oz bottles of water. BJs had the best buy with 72-8oz bottles for 6.99. Eight bottles a day is approximately 56 bottles a week- 112 bottles biweekly-240 bottles a month, etc.
Now here’s is how I’m overcoming the issue of convenience… I place
• 2- 8oz. bottles on my nightstand
• 2- 8oz. bottles in my purse
• 3- 8oz. bottles on my desk at work- (I keep a 24 pack accessible at work as well…under my desk:)
• 1- 8oz. bottle on my desk at home
Now keep in mind, I’m not counting water that I may drink with my meals or snacks. I’m just counting the bottles that I am committing to and know for sure that I will drink every day.
Here’s my drinking schedule…
- Ok, so I have 2 bottles on my nightstand; when I get up I’ll drink one (1) along with my usual meds and supplements!
- I’ll drink one (1) bottle (from the two I have in my purse), in the car on my way to work or while I run my morning errands.
- Now, I have 3 bottles at my desk at work that I think will be my biggest challenge but I’m committing to drinking them all throughout the day. If I do this, I’ll be more than half way there…5 bottles done!
- On the way back home, I’ll drink the one (1) bottle left in my purse.
- So now I have one (1) bottle on my desk at home that I’ll drink as I write or post on my social media.
- FINALLY, before I go to bed, I’ll drink the one I have let on my nightstand as well as restock the bottles on my nightstand, purse, and desk.
It kinda sounds like a lot but seems completely doable to me. The biggest frustration I think will be keeping all the bottles stocked and in place.
But that’s it!
Create your own modified version of this or try it exactly as it is and let me know how it goes!
I created a little “Summer of More Water” printable that you can download to help you keep track! Just subscribe and you’ll gain assess to everything In my “FREE PRINTABLES” library including the “Summer of More Water” printable and you’ll gain assess to everything In my “FREE PRINTABLES” library including the “Summer of More Water” printable!
And begin to look for me on Instagram Live, where I’ll be sharing and giving more from prayerandpractice.com!
Have a beautiful rest of your day!
Hey, if you’ve been struggling to find the courage to finally do that thing you’ve been dreaming about or have been thinking about starting your own blog? … Check out the links below!