The easiest way to waste time and kill productivity is to not have a clear idea of exactly what it is you want to do before you start!
So when I sit down to work on my blog without a plan in place, here’s what usually happens!
- I waste several minutes just fidgeting and trying to get physically comfortable
- I waste a few minutes flicking through the tv channels to see if there is something interesting on.
- Then I turn on my computer and go through all my email, facebook, etc.
- Ok, I’m a little hungry now so I have to get something to drink or eat.
- A little while later, I’ll yell at my daughter to see if she’s doing HER homework!
- Time to get up and stretch my legs!
- I check my phone several times for absolutely no reason at all
- Wait…bathroom break!
- Is it hot in here?!
- Then, I’ll go and hug my husband and he’ll ask me what’s wrong and I always say , nothing…I just love you!
- There is usually something really good on TV by now so of course I have to watch!
- So, by this time when I’m absolutely out reasons to keep putting things off, I start to look at whatever I’ve done the day before and begin to finally lay out some tasks I need to do and it’s only THEN that I start to really get some work done!